Performers Category Information
Main Stage Bands:
There are only so many slots to perform at Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con. The earlier you are able to send in a submission request, the better.
Main Stage bands will be designated a prime performance slot in one of the main areas on Friday or Saturday evening. These slots are generally between the hours of 9pm and 1am. Please know that there are no “openers” or “headliners”; Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con is more of a festival atmosphere with many offerings (not just performances) at any given time. Unless there is a conflict and arrangements are made at the time of booking, the time and location of your performance will be determined solely by the directors and is not negotiation.
As a rule, bands do not receive a fee/guarantee to perform at Steampunk Expo but benefits for Main Stage Bands are as follows:
- Each Main Stage Act will receive a merchandise table on the band concourse. The merchandise table gives each band the opportunity to sell their band related merchandise (and only their band related merchandise) throughout the duration of Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con, which runs Friday, Saturday & Sunday. This can be a very lucrative revenue source for participating acts.
- Each performing member of your band will receive 1 four day pass (+1). For example, if you have a four piece band you are eligible to receive 8 four day memberships. Band members consist of legitimate musicians necessary to the performance. We are sorry, but members such as stage dancers do not qualify for a free membership.
- Exposure! Your band will be seen/heard by the throngs of attendees at Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con in a prime location and time slot.
- If traveling from long distances, a room at a nearby hotel may also be provided.
- Please Note: Exceptions are sometimes made in the case of nationally recognized touring acts; if you feel that your band fits this bill, please make note of this in your submission request.
Your obligation will be to perform as needed at various Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con sanctioned events. These events include but are not limited to: performances on a main stage, performance at track parties/gatherings, or performances other Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con events such as an after hours party.
As a house band you are required to perform at least one event per day but may not even be asked to do that many. Although performing more than the required number of events is not mandatory, we have found that there is a direct correlation between performances at the convention and merchandise sales.
In addition to the above performances, house bands could also be chosen as a main stage performance on Friday or Saturday night.
Please Note: Being chosen as a House Band does not guarantee a Friday or Saturday night performance slot on a main stage as there are often more House Bands than main slots available. Hotel rooms are not provided for House Bands. If this is something you are interested in doing, please let us know and we will make note of your wishes.
Benefits of being chosen a House Band:
- Each house band will receive a merchandise table to sell your wares. The merchandise table gives each band the opportunity to sell their band related merchandise (and only their band related merchandise) throughout the duration of Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con during the regular show hours. This can be a very lucrative revenue source for participating acts.
- Each performing member of your band will receive 1 three day membership plus your band will get one additional three day membership so you can have someone work your table if desired during your required performance/s. For example, if you have a four piece band you will receive 5 three day memberships. Band members consist of legitimate musicians necessary to the performance. We are sorry, but members such as stage dancers do not qualify for a free badge.
- Exposure! Your band has the opportunity to be seen/heard by the many attendees at Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con. If your band does a good job at promoting your appearances and you have especially good attendance at your performances, your band will be given extra attention when it comes to main stage submissions in future years.
Main Stage or House Band:
This category was created to give those very much wanting to appear at Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con multiple opportunities to perform; by checking this category you are saying that your act would be willing to accept a slot as EITHER a Main Stage Band OR a House Band. Please do not apply for this category if your act is unwilling to perform as a House Band and/or if you are unable to agree to House Band terms (please note: a hotel room is not provided.)
After the dealer's room and exhibit halls are closed, Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con will take on a new life in the evening. Although there may be multiple guest DJ's spinning on any given night, there is only one official DJ chosen per evening (Friday & Saturday night) at Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con. If chosen as an official Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con DJ, you are entitled to one three day membership and a hotel room on the night you spin.
Other Performance Acts:
(Acts in this category include but are not limited to magicians, burlesque, theater, comedy, etc.)
Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con will be an event with many potential opportunities for all kinds of performance acts. If you have an act that you think might be a good fit for Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con, please let us know. We would love to hear from you! Given the wide range of possibilities of this category, requirements of acts and corresponding benefits for performances will vary.